Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

All Hot & Bothered

I'm feeling lazy today and distracted and needing to make some more progress on my book so what day better than today to write something relatively easy on the mind AND the eyes? It's also swelteringly hot here in NJ so it seemed appropriate to feature some of music's most smokin'-est chicks. These ladies all get an A for AWESOME.

Amanda Palmer

This woman is truly a Jane-of-all-Trades. She sings, she plays, she does performance art, she blogs! http://blog.amandapalmer.net/ and she inspires fans with her originality and passion. She writes ridiculously honest content, she likes to get naked A LOT and she just DOES NOT care what you think about her.

Amy Winehouse

I know she's kind of the poster child for Hot Mess as of late but this nor any other unsavory trait of hers will stop me from loving the shit out of this girl. She is truly unique & beautiful and possibly the most talented vocalist I have ever had the pleasure to hear. She's sexy and a badass and is the person on this list most likely to cut a bitch.

Gwen Stefani

She has been my idol since the first time I saw the video for Spiderwebs. The bangs, the lips, the abs! That bitch! I'm envious and awed all at the same time. She has always had such a distinctive style and vocal delivery and I've been working for years to emulate her brand of cool. Plus, she has produced two of the cutest kids in the universe.

Jenny Lewis

I wish I had an OUNCE of this woman's talent. She produces some of the most clever, smart and heartfelt music I have ever heard. She has a voice like a kitten and a canary mated and the result was this gorgeous red-headed creature with a voice to put the mythical Sirens to shame. Only girl is real and I am J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

Meg White

Holy boobs, Batman! Meg, usually demure and the quieter of the duo which brought her to fame, is definitely a sexy music lady worthy of mention. Her drumming was one of the biggest inspirations for me to pick up the sticks and attempt to bang it out in a style like her own. Even Ray LaMontagne wrote an ode to her and it rocks:



It's Friday bitches! Let's take a moment to thank whomever for that fact…
Now.......... enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment