Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Just Say NO

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
As you may know, all last season I tirelessly re-capped American Idol to little avail. The show was terrible as usual but just the kind of terrible I was looking for; involving lots of inappropriate winking, a total lack of a moral compass and the best America has to offer in regard to lesbian hairstyles.

Then they went and got rid off all that and left us with the above trio of madness. I do not doubt that Season 10 is bound to offer one hell of a train-wreck to the TV watching public but I will not be riding it this time around.

I have (wisely, I might add) decided to boycott this season. Maybe you will too? Not that any of that matters because, let's face it: the entire East Coast could stop watching this show and it wouldn't have any effect on its legacy. Idol is sure to be around many, many years from now; sucking up the airwaves and giving us all delusions of musical grandeur long after our grandchildren have grandchildren and the current hosts are people with expert musical knowledge like Suri Cruise and Shiloh Jolie-Pitt.

Maybe it's that I have a STRONG dislike for J-Blo or that Steven Tyler's stretched granny face gives me a case of the howling fantods but I will be RSVPing to this party with a dis-respectful "NO" this time around.

If you do plan on watching this mess. I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

You're gonna need it...

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. JLo, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson. What an odd threesome. I admit that I actually liked American Idol for the first two seasons - especially the first. The loss of Paula & Simon, the addition of JLo and STy, and the fact that it's become so enormous have made it into a completely different show. Bigger than a karaoke contest should be. I may tune in just to see what the chemistry of the new judges is like.

    ReplyDelete